Tuesday, July 20, 2010

How does your garden grow?



Out of control! Well, not quite, but it certainly is becoming a big square of productivity!

I always forget how bloody big squash gets (and heck, it's only July!). This is just a wee glimpse of the community garden where I am growing my veggies this year. I have been given an 8x12 block of land to do with what I will. I've got it packed full of tomatoes, carrots, peas, various winter and summer squash varieties, beets, my very own ant hill collection and aphid infestations (bleck!), beans, basil, cilantro, lettuce, kale, and on it goes.



Community gardens totally rock my world, and I believe in them wholeheartedly. But as any other organization goes, there are politics. I'm still amazed at how things that seem simple are never really that. I digress. I love that I have a place to grow some food, and I really believe it is a privilege. Lucky me to have such a lovely little spot!

No comments: